|General Info||Source Bike Boxes: Air France||$0.00||Laura says Air France has boxes but will not guarantee them as it is first come first serve.|
|General Info||Source Bike Boxes: Reparateur de Bicyclettes||$0.00||Second choice after Air France. Not sure they still sell boxes.|
|General Info||Source Bike and Packing Boxes: Cartonland||$0.00||
Cartonland looks to sell bike boxes, and is somewhat accessible via RER B (not super accessible). We'd need the 60 pouces (1650x340x850) box. Note oversize and overweight guidelines for WestJet:
- 45kg constitutes overweight
- 115" total dimensions constitutes oversize
Get boxes from Cartonland ONLY if we need bike boxes from them. Otherwise the other options are more convenient.
|General Info||Source Packing Boxes: Media Boxes||$0.00|
|General Info||Source Packing Boxes: Flexi Stockage||$0.00|
|Reminder||Packing Materials||Get the packing materials||$0.00||
- Moving boxes for non-bike stuff
- Bike boxes (hopefully not)
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Padding for pokey bits. Laura says: I'd recommend padding for the derailleur - foam or something else, maybe bubble wrap, although the "pokey parts" of the derailleur might deflate the bubble wrap and negate the padding effect; you might want to take the chain off the cogs so it's got some slack (and possibly bring a spare chain), and also recommend pipe insulation for separating the handlebar from the main frame before taping them together to reduce scratches/fix the handlebar securely. I think the pedals can go in carry on? I am going to bring some padding for the crank as well probably.
|Reminder||Westjet Bike Info||How to pack the bikes.||$0.00||
WestJet web site says:
WestJet may refuse carriage of improperly packaged bicycles.
A bicycle must be packed flat in a bicycle bag or box.
Before flying with your bike, please:
- Remove pedals (Jorg says cranks too).
- Partially deflate your tires.
- Fix handlebars sideways.
- Pack the bicycle in a box or bag to protect your bike and prevent leakage from bicycles containing hydraulic fluid.
|Hotel||ibis Styles Paris CDG||Booking.com||Paris CDG||$765.00||Price is for four people (4-adult suite) for three nights.|